Tapestry@School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Effective TEACHING APPROACH by My Favourite Teacher(s)

+10
AdrianT
rachelgoh
jac
Cheryl Ng
gohtw2010
Charmain Loy
aaronrajoo
ElaineY
Selvathi
Admin
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Effective TEACHING APPROACH by My Favourite Teacher(s) - Page 2 Empty Re: Effective TEACHING APPROACH by My Favourite Teacher(s)

Post by lcybren Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:47 pm

I love my Home Econs teacher while I was in Sec 2. She taught me how to cook with passion and love Smile She said that the ingredients are all the same for everyone, the difference lies in your passion. So, she started the lesson by having us appreciate the ingredients that we have before us...to be specific, know what each ingredient can do for our cooking. How did she do it? She made us do blind tasting to food and allow us to guess what kind of ingredients went into two different pots of cooking...same dish. I guess she wanted us to savor the food we eat...and not just eat to fill our tum tum Smile

lcybren

Back to top Go down

Effective TEACHING APPROACH by My Favourite Teacher(s) - Page 2 Empty Re: Effective TEACHING APPROACH by My Favourite Teacher(s)

Post by tanjj Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:32 pm

Cheryl Ng wrote:
Admin wrote:Share an Effective TEACHING APPROACH used by your Favourite Teacher(s) that helped You Learn

To be honest, when I was a student, our lessons were all "chalkboard talk" and I don't recall any particular teaching approach that was particularly different. However, I do know that I was always inspired to learn when the teacher made the effort to connect with us as learners by building strong rapport. We loved learning when we loved the teachers.

Totally agree with you! It was a struggle for me to stay awake during my sch days with most of my subjects' lessons in the classroom. It was only during Science prac in the labs, D&T in the workshop or PE lessons that i was a little more alive as i could move about and get my blood flowing.

tanjj

Back to top Go down

Post by tanjj Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Teachers who injected humor into their lessons were generally able to better my class. Even though he/she might be known as one of the strictest teachers in the school, but they were able to connect with us better.

tanjj

Back to top Go down

Post by tanjj Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:41 pm

rachelgoh wrote:I remember my Chinese language teacher who also shared many stories to make lessons come alive.

I probably would have had more interest in my CL class if my teachers did that... then i wouldn't have been at the bottom of my class for CL lol!

tanjj

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel Ow Yong Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:06 am

I remember how I hated my Maths especially for topics like interest rate and hire purchase. It did not make any sense at all for me by looking at the formula and trying to answer those "foreign" questions . Then, there was this Mathematics teacher who brought in newspapers with adverts on sale of household items and payment by hire purchases. Since then, I realised the importance to draw relevance and purpose to what you are learning. That truly engaged me and hooked my interest to the subject since then.

Joel Ow Yong

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel Ow Yong Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:55 am

Charmain Loy wrote:My favourite Chemistry teacher was very skillful at consolidating important learning points at the end of each lesson. He used visual aids such as diagrams, flow charts and concept maps to help us see how the new information pieced together and fit in to the larger idea or linked to previous concepts learnt. I found that especially helpful in making sense of the new content.

Agree! The fundamental belief for all Teachers should stem from the student-centric approach in engaging our students. As Teachers, we understand how students would learn best and should leverage on that knowledge to redesign our engaging approaches with them. Similar to your Chemistry teacher, I am also thankful for those who have spent time in engaging me differently especially my Mathematics teacher who used real life examples to bring across meaning and purpose to what I used to think a "senseless" topic on interest rate and hire purchase. Thanks Charmain!

Joel Ow Yong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2